Wonderful refreshing smoothie with Protein Power, which is perfect after a workout or a hot summer day. Protein Power provides an extra dose of plant-based protein while replenishing amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
”So refreshing, and perfect after the workout ”.
Got the grade 9.5 out of 10 from teenagers.
Ingredients , 2 large glasses:
- 1/3 mini-watermelon (medium)
- 10-15 frozen strawberries (depending on size)
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsk Superfoodmix: Protein Power (Hampaprotein, pea protein, cocoa, cordyceps, guarana)
- Top with lemon balm
- Cut the watermelon (use 1/3 of the medium-sized melon), and remove the seeds. Alt. mix the watermelon and strain it to remove the seeds.
- Add the strawberries, Protein Power and squeeze the glue - and make sure you do not get kernels in (feel free to strain, otherwise it will have a bitter taste).
- Mix everything into a smooth smoothie.
- Tip - have the rest of the watermelon as a snack. Top with lemon balm for decoration or a slice of melon on the edge of the glass.
Some interesting facts about watermelon:
- Contains lots of vitamins and minerals (vitamin A / C, vitamin B6, thiamine and some potassium and magnesium)
- Increases the feeling of satiety (but few calories)
- Antioxidants that strengthen the immune system increase protection against colds, etc.
- It is said to relieve exercise pain (according to a study published in the Journal of Agricultrual & Food Chemistry) .